Constantine is one of the largest parishes in Cornwall, before boundary changes it also included parts of Gweek and Mawnan Smith. The parish includes Churchtown and the hamlets of Port Navas, Seworgan, Brill and Bridge. The southern boundary is the beautiful River Helford. To the north, the granite mass provided good quality granite that was shipped all over the world, much of it from the purpose built 19th century harbour of Port Navas.
The Tolmen Stone, once a local landmark was, much to the annoyance of the community and the wider public, blasted in 1869 to enable the underlying granite to be worked. The event encouraged the drafting of the Ancient Monuments Act. Mining of tin, copper and silver was also an economic activity in the past and dwindled on into the 20th century. Dairy farming has been a key feature of the farming economy, but cereals, vegetable crops and daffodils are also grown. Before the two World Wars the parish was almost self-sufficient with a range of trades, signicant local employment in quarrying and productive farms.